Arequipa: Colca Valley
The vastness of Colca exceeds the canyon's depth (4,160 meters)
Arequipa: Colca Valley is Best For
Directions to Arequipa: Colca Valley
The vastness of Colca exceeds the canyon's depth (4,160 meters). The broad and verdant valley, where the condor lives and reigns, is ringed by high mountains. The attractions of the Colca valley are many and varied, including walking, hot springs and the towns with their beautiful churches.
Above all, the great natural setting offers various trails for adventure sports including mountain biking. Some routes start in the Aguada Blanca National Reserve or from Patapampa, and later descend towards Chivay, a town that marks the entrance to the valley. From there, groups of cyclists can travel various routes and enjoy the traditions of each town they arrive at, including Yanque and Cabanaconde.
- Location: Arequipa Department. Caylloma Province. Colca Valley (3,000 m.a.s.l.).
- Climate Semi-dry and temperate during the day, cold at night.
- Average temperature: 11 ° C.
- Season: From April to November.
- Access by air: From Lima: 1 h 15 m / 21 h 30 m. From Juliaca: 55 min. / 8 h. From Puerto Maldonado: 55 m / 15 h. From Arequipa (151 km), in 4 h.
- Level: Low / Medium / High, depending on route.
- Time: 4 days