My Guide Website?
Ballestas Islands and Tambo Colorado from San Martin Port
Visit the beautiful Ballestas Islands and the amazing Inca site Tambo Colorado from your cruise ship at San Martin Port!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Enjoy a day trip from your cruise ship
- Discover Ballestas Islands by boat
- Explore the archaeological site of Tambo Colorado
DescriptionMeet your guide at 9:15 AM at San Martin Port and enjoy a transfer to Paracas town. Here you will meet the rest of the group and board a speedboat to begin the adventure to the stunning Ballestas Island. On the way you will stop at the Paracas peninsula to see the enigmatic figure of the Candelabro, a stunning design drawn on the side of a hill in the Peninsula. Nobody knows for sure who did it or why. Afterwards, you'll head off to Ballestas Island, where you will see a stunning world filled with birds and sea lions. Here, visit the three islands at a distance and explore some caves, depending on the condition of the sea. On your return to the port, you drive towards Pisco town for a sightseeing tour. Then, travel east to finally arrive at the well preserved Inca Fortress of Tambo Colorado. Tambo Colorado was an Inca settlement and was most likely built at the end of the 15th century and was ruled by the Inca Emperor Pachacutec. The site consists of several structures around a large central plaza. The central plaza is shaped like a trapezoid with its largest side being 150 meters long. Because of the mild local climate, many of the buildings' original colors have been preserved, helping experts reconstruct the site. Finally you will return to San Martin Port to rejoin your ship.
IncludesAll activities and transportation in group English speaking guide (for French, German and Dutch must be a minimum of 9 people) Entrance fees Bottle of water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people is required to book this tour
- If your ship has any delay in arriving, notify the local tour operator three to four days in advance so a new pick-up time can be arranged