My Guide Website?
From Paracas: Scenic Boat Tour to Ballestas Island94 Reviews
Experience the singular beauty of the Ballestas Islands. Witness playful seals and penguins along the rocky shores. Uncover the mystery of the Candelabro.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Salkantay Trek 5-Day Hike to Machu Picchu
- From Lima: Full-Day Paracas and Huacachina Bus Tour
- Iquitos: Belen Market and Venice Loretana Guided Tour
- From Nazca: 35-Minute Flight Over Nazca Lines
- Cusco: Humantay Lake All-inclusive Full-day Tour
- Visit the stunning region often referred to as 'Peru's Galapagos'
- Watch collections of thousands of sea lions playing on the rocks
- Gaze upon the diverse marine life of Ballestas Islands
DescriptionAfter a convenient hotel pickup from either Paracas or Pisco, head to the Marina Turistica to start your islands adventure. Board a speedboat with your bilingual, Spanish and English-speaking guide, and jet out onto the sea towards the stunning Ballestas. Along the way, stop at the Paracas Peninsula to see the Candelabro, an enigmatic glyph carved into the side of the island — whose purpose, and creator, remain a mystery to this day. Afterwards, continue onwards towards the marine sanctuary of Ballestas. Gaze upon the rocky shores, filled to the brim with sunbathing seals and penguins diving into the turbid waters to hunt underneath the surface — all alongside other beautiful specimens, like majestic pelicans, and colorful blue-footed boobies. A protected habitat for the wide swathe of birds and sea-life that call these islands home, Ballestas is truly one of Peru’s natural treasures — and a speedboat tour around their shores is the best way to see the islands, and all they have to offer, up close.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Paracas and Pisco Boat tour Bilingual guide in English/Spanish
- The 16 Soles entrance fee to the Ballestas Island is paid locally at the harbor main gate, in cash. It is recommended that you bring some Peruvian Soles for the payment of the fee. Please inform the activity provider with details for the pickup or meeting point if you are coming by your own car or local bus