My Guide Website?
Cusco: Chinchero, Moray, and Salt Mines Tour82 Reviews
Explore the north of Cusco near the Sacred Valley. You will visit Chinchero, an important Inka town and one of the foremost centers of handmade textiles. Afterwards, explore the ancient agriculture terraces in Moray and the pre-Inka salt mines.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Chicon and the Pitusiray Mountains
- Marvel at the ancient textile weaving process
- Explore the Inka terraces in Moray
- Take in the stunning views of natural pre-Inka salt mines
DescriptionYour tour will start with your group pick-up. From there you will drive for about an hour to Chinchero, making a short stop in this town to visit one of the last traditional families. You will also learn about ancient textiles and the weaving process. After driving 30 minutes more, you will arrive to Moray, the ancient Inka agriculture laboratory located in a rare topographical depression in which the Inkas developed into unique circular terraces. You will learn how this entire area was also watered by a well-engineered irrigation system. After enjoying Moray, you will continue for another hour to the Salineras Salt Mines of Maray, your last destination on your tour. The salt mine is actually a vast collection of terraces born from a water stream high on a mountain. Over many centuries this salt spring has been channeled to 1,000 small pools. People wait for the sunny days to evaporate the water which leaves the pure salt behind, a technique of which has been used since pre-Inka times. You will finally drive approximately 1.5 hours back to Cusco, where your group will be dropped off near the Main Plaza de Armas.
IncludesBilingual guide Transportation Hotel pickup (private option only)
- •The local partner cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour •Part of this tour is to stop in local couple of different workshops and entrance fees are free and it is not obligatory to buy their products •The entrance fee to Maras salt mines can be purchased for S/15 PEN. Same day the tour take place (Only cash) •The entrance ticket for Moray site can be purchased for S/70 PEN the Same day the tour take place (only cash)