My Guide Website?
Cusco: Humantay Lake with Breakfast and Buffet Lunch107 Reviews
Explore Humantay Lake located north of Cusco, just behind the legendary snow mountain Apu Salkantay. This Humantay Lake day trip is the best way to enjoy the landscape of the region from the beautiful lake to the snowy mountains.
- Marvel at Humantay Lake
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Salkantay
- Experience the local flavors of Cusco during your breakfast and buffet lunch
- Explore the landscape during your 2 hour trek to Humantay Lake
DescriptionYour professional tour guide will pick you up at your homestay, hostel or hotel in Cusco between 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM. After a 2-hour drive, you will arrive in Mollepata where we will stop for breakfast and pick up water and snacks for the trek. After breakfast travel one more hour to Soraypampa. Once you arrive at this high mountain plateau you will be able to see the beautiful mountains Apu Salkantay 20400 feet (6230 meters) above sea level and Humantay 17225 feet (5250 meters) above sea level. After a short time preparing your day pack you will start the 2-hour trek to Humantay Lake. The way up to Humantay Lake is steep however your group is small and your guide will let you take your time to enjoy the trek. Enjoy the views of Humantay Lake and enjoy an optional small climb above the lake to the right or left where you can enjoy a panoramic view. Next, you will have the easy part of your trek. Go downhill to Soraypampa for another hour. Then you will take your private transportation back to Mollepata where a local lunch will be waiting for you. Once you finish your buffet lunch you will go back to Cusco arriving between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM at the drop-off near Plaza de Armas.
IncludesHotel pickup Downtown drop-off Transportation Professional tour guide Breakfast and buffet lunch (vegetarian option) First aid kit Oxygen bottle (for emergencies) 1 Wood stick (optional)
- • You will need to climb 1.8 miles (3km) to reach the top of Humantay Lake; all participants should be in relatively good physical condition • Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves as the first few hours of the tour will be very cool • If for any reason you need to rent horse, please know that the activity provider does not manage these rentals and will not be involved in the process • The activity provider cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research • Since a pick-up service is included, please note that the activity provider can take 30-45 minutes to pick up the entire group, therefore if you are one of the first to be picked up it might take some time before the tour starts to finish collecting the whole group
- Only available local currency for entrance fees and extra expenses