My Guide Website?
From Iquitos: 2-Day Amazon Rainforest Excursion4 Reviews
Explore the Amazon Rainforest on this guided overnight adventure down the Amazon and Yanayacu Rivers. Discover the incredible fora and fauna in the jungle and learn about the indigenous communities.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the unique sights and sounds of life on the Amazon and Yanayacu River
- Dive into a guided tour of the fascinating world of the Amazon Rainforest
- Glimpse rainforest wildlife, such as sloths, toucans, eagles, and parrots
- Learn about medicinal plant usage and other traditions of indigenous communities
- Enjoy an active adventure in one of the world's lushest biospheres
DescriptionJourney to the Amazon Rainforest for a two-day guided excursion by boat and on foot. Enjoy a glimpse into the rhythm of jungle life as you navigate waterways, search for wildlife, and discover medicinal plants and their uses. Along the way, immerse yourself in indigenous history and traditions. Your tour begins when you meet your guide at the airport or hotel for pickup. Travel to the Nanay River Port, where you'll embark on a riverboat and head towards the Nanay and Amazon river crossing. At the Itaya-Amazon crossing, pause to search for dolphins. Cruise along for 2.5 hours. Admire the sights and sounds of the rainforest as you continue your tour, navigating through the tributary, Río Yanayacu. Arrive at the hostel and enjoy a welcome and lunch. After your meal, set out on a hike to spot medicinal plants, strangler trees, sloths, toucans, and other diurnal species. As the sunlight begins to wane, soak up the sight of the sunset over the rainforest before partaking in dinner. Once the night has set in, embark again on an evening walk – this time to search for tarantulas, amphibians, alligators, and more nocturnal fauna. Then, return to the lodge to rest. The following morning, rise early to bask in the rays of the sunrise and see the swooping flocks of herons, eagles, parrots, and other exotic birds. Tuck into your breakfast, then explore the Yanayacu River. Fish for piranhas, palometas, and tarpon and look for iguanas. Spend the rest of the morning rafting and admiring the diversity of plant life. If you wish, you‘ll also have the opportunity to visit the Yaguas community. Have lunch and enjoy about 1.5 hours of leisure time before departing for Iquitos, where you'll be taken back to the hotel or airport.
IncludesHotel or airport pickup and drop-off Private river transport to the lodge inside the jungle Single/double/multiple room options Guide services (Spanish/English) Jungle hikes River rafting Food and drinks (1st day lunch and dinner; 2nd day breakfast and lunch) Rain boots if required
- Plan to arrive by 8:00am and to depart after 7:00pm on the second day Prior vaccination for yellow fever is optional. Avoid dark-colored clothing as it attracts mosquitoes; the use of repellent is essential You may wish to bring a headlamp and spare batteries