Supported by a committed and qualified team will turn to El Brujo
Cao Museum is Best For
Directions to Cao Museum
Supported by a committed and qualified team will turn to El Brujo in a fascinating destination for all visitors and a source of new knowledge for humanity, promoting through it , the sustainability of the archaeological site as well as the development of communities living in its area of influence.
Because of its strategic location and its 14 000 years of continuous occupation, El Brujo will become the overnight midpoint of the Moche Route between La Libertad and Lambayeque; and so it will take advantage of its tourism potential to generate knowledge and social development for the community.
FUNDACIÓN WIESE Is created and starts work. The Wiese Foundation, founded by Don Augusto N. Wiese Eslava, began its work in 1960
CHAN CHAN IS PROCLAIMED “WORLD CULTURAL HERITAGE” UNESCO has given it well-deserved recognition. Chan Chan is made up of ten small walled citadels, some pyramids, canals, cemeteries and other pyramids. It was the capital of the Chimu kingdom, which was a Pre-Incan culture that expanded along the northern coastal region.
DISCOVERY OF THE LORD OF SIPÁN.
In 1987, Walter Alva discovers the tomb of the Lord of Sipán. This discovery sparked global interest and was important news for Peruvians. This discovery is among the ten most important of the 20th Century.
WORK COMMENCES ON THE EL BRUJO PROJECT. Led by Guillermo Wiese and Régulo Franco, work began on the El Brujo Archaeological Project, which has been fully financed by the Fundación Wiese, in partnership with the Ministry of Culture, to this very day.
DISCOVERY OF THE LADY OF CAO. Over the course of six months of detailed and expert work, they unveiled the funerary bundle and discovered the unbroken skin of this Mochica ruler, covered in mystery: her body was tattooed with figures that are both beautiful and symbolic. Tourism of the El Brujo Archaeological Complex started to expand in this period.
OPENING Cao Museum, the gates of the Cao Museum, a modern museum that exhibits the most emblematic of recent times discovery: The intact of the Lady of Cao body as well as objects with 5000 years of history
- Photos are allowed in the Cao Museum, except in the Room that exhibits the Lady of Cao and its ornaments
- Deactivating the Flash and preventing the use of Selfie Stick and Tripods, helps to conserve our cultural heritage
- Professional records, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 3 business days in advance)
We present the different transportation you can use to go to El Brujo from Lima, Chiclayo, Trujillo and Huanchaco.
- BY PLANE - Take a plane to Trujillo hour 1hr
- INTERPROVINCIAL BUS - Take a bus to Trujillo hour 8Hr
- BY BUS - Take a bus to Chocope hour 1 Hr.
- BY CAR - Take a taxi to El Brujo hour 1Hr
- BY CAR - Take a bus to Trujillo. 40min hour
- BY BUS - Take a bus to Chocope hour 1Hr. Then a bus to Magdalena de Cao hour 20Min and a motorcycle taxi to El Brujo hora 10Min
- BY CAR - take a taxi to El Brujo hour 1Hr
- BY BUS - Take a bus to Chocope hour 3Hr, then a bus to Magdalena de Cao hour 20Min and a motorcycle taxi to El Brujo hora 10Min
- BY CAR - Take a taxi to El Brujo hour 3Hr