Kayak - Lake Titicaca
The immensity of Lake Titicaca can be felt with greater intensity when one is traveling aboard a kayak
Kayak - Lake Titicaca is Best For
Directions to Kayak - Lake Titicaca
The immensity of Lake Titicaca can be felt with greater intensity when one is traveling aboard a kayak. Several of the islands offer services with modern kayaks, with cushioned seats, for one or two people. Safety measures apply, although the waters are generally still and offer tranquility.
- Location: Puno Department. Puno Province (3,827 m.a.s.l.).
- Weather: Semi-dry and cold, rainy from December to March.
- Average temperature: Maximum temperature: 14 ° C / 58ºF), Minimum temperature: 3 ° C / 37ºF)
- Season: From April to October.
- Access by air: Lima - Juliaca, direct flights (1 hour 40 minutes); flights with a stopover in Cusco (2 hours 40 minutes).
- Access by road:
- Lima - Arequipa - Cabanillas - Juliaca - Puno 820 miles (21 hours).
- Cusco - Juliaca - Puno: 242 miles (7 hours).
- Arequipa - Santa Lucia - Cabanillas - Juliaca - Puno: 202 miles (6 hours).
- Tacna - Candarave - Laraqueri - Puno: 258 miles (7 hours).
- Level: intermediate