Cusco: City and Nearby Ruins 5-Hour Guided Tour16 Reviews
Learn about the Incan heritage of Cusco and nearby ruins on a tour with a local guide. Visit the Coricancha Sun Temple, the Inca complex at Sacsayhuaman, and the very unusual site of Qenqo, where Incas likely mummified their dead.
- Visit the Coricancha Sun Temple, a stunning ceremonial construction
- Marvel at the huge Inca walls, built with massive rocks
- Explore Qenqo, an unusual site with subterranean passages and carved stone interiors
DescriptionYour 5-hour tour begins in the early afternoon with a pick-up at your accommodation in downtown Cusco. Begin by visiting the Coricancha Sun Temple, a wonderful ceremonial construction built during the heyday of the Incas. Your next stop is the Plaza de Armas, Cusco’s main square. Admire the spectacular interiors of the Cathedral as your guide explains how it was built on top of Inca buildings. Then enjoy a drive to the northern outskirts of Cusco to the spectacular Inca complex at Sacsayhuaman. Pass through the openings of the huge Inca walls, built with massive rocks weighing up to 180 tons fitted with absolute perfection. Continue to another important Inca site, known as Qenqo (zigzag). This very unusual place has subterranean passages hidden in its perfectly carved stone interior. It is likely that the Incas probably mummified their dead here. Visit the Inca baths at Tambomachay and the military lookout point of Puka Pukara. Be driven back to downtown Cusco where your tour ends.
IncludesProfessional guide Transportation Entrance fees, which are PEN 110 Gratuities
- Please note that the visit to the Cathedral of Cusco is not included on the morning tour
- This is a small-group tour
- Tickets cannot be modified, exchanged, or refunded once confirmed
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now