My Guide Website?
Cusco: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4-Day Trek153 Reviews
Trek along the world-famous Inca Trail to Machu Pichu on a 4-day guided trip from Cusco. Surround yourself with nature-rich views, unique ecosystems, and an atmospheric cloud forest.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Salkantay Trek 5-Day Hike to Machu Picchu
- From Lima: Full-Day Paracas and Huacachina Bus Tour
- Iquitos: Belen Market and Venice Loretana Guided Tour
- From Nazca: 35-Minute Flight Over Nazca Lines
- Cusco: Humantay Lake All-inclusive Full-day Tour
- Hike the iconic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Wake up to a spectacular sunrise over Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the panoramic trains on the way back to Cusco (Vistadome or 360°)
- Support a project that promotes gender equality and women's empowerment
DescriptionTackle the unforgettable Inca Trail and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hike to Machu Picchu. Departing from Cusco, discover one of the world’s oldest pilgrimages on this 4-day trip and explore a cloud forest. Day 1: Cusco - Km 82 - Ayapata Depart from your Cusco hotel early in the morning, drive to Km 82, the starting point, and begin the Inca Trail hike visiting Llactapata, Tarayoc, and arrive after 6 hours to the first campsite in Ayapata, located 3300 (10826 feet) meters above sea level. Day 2: Ayapata - Dead Women´s Pass - Chaquicocha In the morning, make your way to the highest point of the Inca Trail, passing two mountains for a total of 10 hours of hiking. Traverse Dead Woman’s Pass is the highest point of the Inca Trail at 4215 meters (13829 feet). Then, cross the Runqurakay Pass, with 4000 meters (13123 feet), to Chaquicocha campsite. Day 3: Campsite - Phuyupatamarca - Wiñaywayna After a good night's rest at Chaquicocha, take on the 6-hour trek, visiting Phuyupatamarca, Intipata, and finally, the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna at 2600 meters (8530 feet). Pass through a number of ecological zones, home to a diversity of flora and fauna. Spot orchids, bromeliads, hummingbirds, foxes, and deer. Day 4: Sun Gate - Machu Picchu Wake up early and hike for 2 hours to Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate, and enjoy a unique view of Machu Picchu. After exploring Machu Picchu, board the Panoramic Vistadome train back to Cusco and be dropped off at your hotel in the evening.
IncludesRoundtrip private transportation from hotel to trailhead Entry tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu All meals during the Inca Trail 3 nights camping with equipment Tent for each pair of travelers Foam mattress and pillows Duffle bags for your stuff Drinkable water every day Snacks every day Inca Trail t-shirt Tour guide Porter who will transport 7 kg of your stuff Panoramic trains (Vistadome or 360°)
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dietary options available Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness