My Guide Website?
Cusco: Waqrapukara Full-Day Trek
Explore Waqrapukara on a full-day trek alongside a professional guide. See the Waqrapukara archaeological site and learn its history.
- Be one of the first groups to the Waqrapukara archaeological site
- Explore the Apurimac Canyon
- See memorable landscapes and Peruvian mountains
- Encounter wild chinchillas
- Taste the local flavors of Cusco during your breakfast and lunch
DescriptionExperience a full-day trek in Waqrapukara, Cusco, alongside a professional guide. Walk through the Apurimac Canyon, visit the Waqrapukara archaeological site, and learn about the area’s culture and history. Enjoy scenic views and wildlife encounters along your journey. Get picked up by your tour guide from your accommodation in downtown Cusco. Then, take a 2-hour drive to Cusipata to stop for breakfast and buy water, snacks, etc. for the trek. Following breakfast, travel approximately two more hours to Santa Lucia. Then, start your trek to Waqrapukara. The roads feature different types of soils and medium-level steep paths. During your hike, take in memorable views and get a chance at encounters with wild chinchillas. Since the guided walk and the Waqrapukara ceremony are personalized for your group, you will have the flexibility to walk and explore at your own speed. Arrive in Waqrapukara and explore for about an hour. Get filled in by your guide about the story behind the archeological site. This is an opportunity to experience the Andean culture on mountains that were sacred to the Incas. Later, enjoy a box lunch before heading back the same way to where you began your trek. Board your return transport to Cusco and get dropped off near the center of Cusco after which you can independently return to your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pickup Transportation Trek with professional tour guide Breakfast Box lunch (vegetarian options available) Waqrapukara entrance fees Oxygen bottle 1 trekking pole (optional) First aid kit
- The trek involves about 9 km of walking from the starting point to Waqrapukara The local partner cannot be held responsible for changes in weather conditions during your tour. It is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or other methods and to then choose the best day of departure based on that research