My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Maras and Moray 5-Hour Tour118 Reviews
The tour includes a visit to the town of Chinchero, followed by an exploration of Moray archeological site and the fascinating Maras salt mines. Later, discover the Inca's agricultural techniques and more in the Sacred Valley.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Marvel at the incredible Incan agricultural techniques in Moray
- Enjoy fantastic views of the salt mines in Maras
- Take in stunning views of the Andes from the Chinchero Plateau
DescriptionHead out on a drive along the Andean plateau in Chinchero to take in fantastic views of the Chicon Mountain as your 6-hour tour begins. Stop in Moray for a guided visit of the deep circular terraces of Moray. The purpose of the terraces is uncertain, but their depth, design and orientation with respect to wind and sun create a temperature difference of up to 15C/27 F from the top to the bottom. It is thought that the temperature difference was used to study the effects of different climatic conditions on crops. Continue to the Maras salt mines, comprising around 3,000 small wells of about 5 square meters. They have been used since Incan times for economic exchange.
IncludesHotel pickup (only hotels located in the historical center) Drop-off in downtown Round-trip shared transportation Professional guide
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) is mandatory for all visitors and allows you to visit many attractions in Cusco city and the surroundings (not valid for Machu Picchu). You can purchase the ticket on-site on the day of the activity. This ticket will grant you access to Chinchero Site and Moray The entrance ticket to the salt mines of Maras must be purchased separately (it is not a part of the BTC)