My Guide Website?
From Ica or Huacachina: Pisco and Wine Tour with Desert Trip5 Reviews
Explore the wine region of Ica, and try pisco and local wines. Visit two wineries before heading to a desert oasis for dune buggy rides, sandboarding, and an unforgettable sunset.
- Learn how Peru's national licor, Pisco, is made as you try it for yourself
- Taste different types of pisco and wine in two wineries
- Visit some of the oldest vineyards in Peru
- Go dune bashing and sandboarding at a desert oasis at Huacachina
- Enjoy an unforgettable desert sunset at the end of the day
DescriptionTruly discover Peru on a wine and pisco tour, with extra adventures including a dune buggy rise and a desert sunset. And of course, taste Peru’s national licor yourself as you learn all about it. Start with your hotel pickup from Ica or Huacachina. Then head to your first stop, the Tacama Vineyard, considered one of the oldest in South America and the first in Peru. Visit the old hacienda and tower, where you will get the best views over acres of vines. Then, visit the old and new factory to see how Tacama produces wines and piscos on an industrial scale. And, obviously, try some of their piscos and wines before your next stop. Head to the second vineyard, El Catador, famous for its pisco. Learn about how the licor is traditionally made in clay jars, known as “botijas”, where the juice of crushed grapes are left to ferment. Visit the distillery next and learn about the last steps to produce the famous drink before trying some of the produce yourself. Enjoy free time to try some food at one of the wineries that prepare typical dishes from this region, of your own volition. Next up, head to the Huacachina oasis and get your adrenaline pumping with a dune buggy ride, with dunes of up to 30 meters in height. Even try your hand at sandboarding down those same dunes. Learn the best techniques and tricks from your driver. Last but not least, view an unforgettable sunset in the desert. Be transferred back to your accommodation at the end of the trip.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your hotel in Huacachina or Ica Wine and pisco tastings Sandboarding equipment
- • Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Tacama Winery is currently closed until further notice
- There are 150 steps up the sand dunes to reach the dune buggies
- Ski and snowboard upgrades are only recommended for experienced sandboarders