Lima: Shanty Town Exploration1 Reviews
Explore the shanty town of Lima and learn about the traditional lifestyles of the people who live there. Visit an archaeological site and take in picturesque views over the town.
- Experience how the majority of Peruvian citizens live
- Visit an archaeological site
- Shop at a traditional Peruvian market
- View the shanty town from the highest point in the area
DescriptionBegin your day with pick-up from your hotel at 7:00 am. Drive out of the modern area of Lima and notice how the landscape starts to change. View traditional Peruvian homes and people living old fashioned lifestyles. Stop at a famous archaeological site, built by the Incas, and explore the ruins. Travel to a old fashioned Peruvian market and enjoy the fresh fruits and vegetables on sale. Meet the friendly locals, who will happily take pictures with you. Visit a local school to learn about the lifestyle of the students and how they're educated. Climb up to the highest point of the shanty town. Experience incredible views over the traditional community, where the majority of the citizens in Lima live.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Local tour guide Entrances tickets Food and drink
- Remember to wear colorful clothes as it is an expression of happiness, dark clothes are thought to be bad luck
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen and a hat
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY