The trail (180 km) begins and ends in Chiquián.
Huayhuash Range is Best For
Directions to Huayhuash Range
The trail (180 km) begins and ends in Chiquián. Over 12 days, the trail travels along the north side of one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world, passing onto its eastern slopes and ending on the west side. The trail leads through a series of snowy peaks, including Yerupajá (6,634 masl) and dozens of lagoons and ravines. The short road (Llamac - Jahuacocha) takes 2 days.
- Location: Áncash Department. Chiquián (3,090 masl), Bolognesi Province.
- Weather: Dry and very cold
- Average temperature: 5 ° C
- Season: From May to September
- Access by Land: Lima - Huaraz (400 km), in 8 hours. There is public transport that will take you from Huaraz to Chiquián. (110 km south of Huaraz)
- Level: High
- Time: 2 days