Cusco: Full-Day Tour to Rainbow Mountain392 Reviews
Explore the amazing Rainbow Mountain in the region of Vinincunca. You will hike along the Andes, encountering beautiful scenery of the mountains and surrounding glaciers.
- See the amazing Rainbow Mountain
- Hike along the Andes and admire great landscapes
- Meet with locals doing their own farming activities
DescriptionYour full-day tour begins in Cusco city, where you will be picked up between 4:15 AM and 4:45 AM. You will then drive in a comfortable van for 3 hours to the town of Cusipata, where you will have breakfast in a local family house. Following breakfast, you will head to the starting point of your hike. There are approximately 3 kilometers of flat land uphill, leading to the majestic 'Mountain of Colors'. The hike will take about 1.5 hours, depending on your level of fitness. Throughout your hike, enjoy panoramic views of the valleys, wild llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas, as well as of the Andes and the nearby glaciers. Once here, if weather is good, you will be able to receive your first views of Rainbow Mountain. At the top, you will take a well-deserved break, which will also be your chance to catch your breath and enjoy the breathtaking views. After taking beautiful photos, you will begin your descent back, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch upon your return. You will then take private transportation back to Cusco, where you will arrive at approximately 5:00PM.
IncludesHotel pickup from Cusco historic center Downtown drop-off Transportation Professional guide Breakfast and lunch Walking stick First aid assistance Oxygen (if needed) Entrance fees to Rainbow Mountain (to be purchased on-site, 30 PEN for tourists and 20 PEN for Peruvians) Personal expenses
- You must be reasonably fit for this activity, however; horses can be rented for part of the trip. Please note: the local operator does not offer this service, it must be arranged privately. Horses will take you to 200 meters from the top, then you will finish the climb. Price: 70 to 90 Soles, round-trip, cash only
- A walking stick will be provided
- The walk takes about 3 hours
- Road mostly flat, except the ascent to the top, where it is very steep
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY