Cusco: Half-Day City and Nearby Archaeological Sites Tour3 Reviews
This five-hour tour offers a glimpse into how great the capital of the Incas once was and just how much was lost when it was conquered.
- Unearth the riches of the Inca Empire with this fascinating and thought-provoking afternoon tour of Cusco’s greatest landmarks and ruins
- See the Santo Domingo Monastery, the Coricancha, the Sacsayhuaman, and the Plaza de Armas in Cusco
- Head uphill to the mega fortress of Sacsayhuaman
DescriptionYou will start your tour by visiting the Coricancha or the Temple of the Sun, which was built by the Inca Pachacutec. Upon the arrival of the Spaniards, this became the basis for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent. Then, visit the Cathedral of Cuzco, the most imposing monument in the Main Square. Continue your tour to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic buildings built by the Inca Pachacutec in the Fifteenth Century. This is a huge fortress built with large stones whose transportation remains a mystery. Each year on June 24, the feast of Inti Raymi is recreated here, during which the sun is worshipped. Continue to Quenqo, an archaeological complex for mainly religious uses. Finally, get to know Puka Pucara, which means Red Fortress. This was an architectural complex of alleged military use with multiple spaces, plazas, baths, aqueducts, walls, and towers. It is believed the entourage of the Inca used it while they rested in Tambomachay.
IncludesEnglish and Spanish speaking guide Transportation in tourist bus Cathedral and Qoricancha fees Pickup and drop-off from hotels in the Historic Center of Cusco Food and drinks Gratuities Photos Cusco Tourist ticket (BTC) Personal expenses
- Children younger than 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult • Not wheelchair accessible
- To visit the 4 archaeological sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local partner • Please note, you are required to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test (72 hours before travel). On arrival in Peru, you must take a test ordered by the Peruvian government, or the local partner can help to arrange a test at your hotel on the day of arrival. You will pay the cost of this test. If you do not take the test you will not be permitted to take part in any tours in Peru. A positive test result requires mandatory isolation. A negative test result requires no quarantine.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY