My Guide Website?
Cusco: Half-Day City and Nearby Archaeological Sites Tour11 Reviews
This five-hour tour offers a glimpse into how great the capital of the Incas once was and just how much was lost when it was conquered.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Salkantay Trek 5-Day Hike to Machu Picchu
- From Lima: Full-Day Paracas and Huacachina Bus Tour
- Iquitos: Belen Market and Venice Loretana Guided Tour
- From Nazca: 35-Minute Flight Over Nazca Lines
- Cusco: Humantay Lake All-inclusive Full-day Tour
- Unearth the riches of the Inca Empire with this tour.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- Marvel at Coricancha religious complex.
- Head uphill to the mega fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
- Learn about Cusco history with this activity.
DescriptionYou will start your tour by visiting the Coricancha or the Temple of the Sun, which was built by the Inca Pachacutec. Upon the arrival of the Spaniards, this became the basis for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent. Then, visit the Cathedral of Cuzco, the most imposing monument in the Main Square. Continue your tour to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic buildings built by the Inca Pachacutec in the Fifteenth Century. This is a huge fortress built with large stones whose transportation remains a mystery. Each year on June 24, the feast of Inti Raymi is recreated here, during which the sun is worshipped. Continue to Quenqo, an archaeological complex for mainly religious uses. Finally, get to know Puka Pucara, which means Red Fortress. This was an architectural complex of alleged military use with multiple spaces, plazas, baths, aqueducts, walls, and towers. It is believed the entourage of the Inca used it while they rested in Tambomachay.
IncludesPickup and drop-off. Professional tour guide (English, Spanish and Portuguese) Admission to Coricancha and Cusco Cathedral.
- Pick-up from hotels located at Cusco Historic Center.
- To visit the 4 archaeological sites, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local partner
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Gratuity is not included