My Guide Website?
From Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Early-Access Hike with Lunch43 Reviews
Enjoy early access and a guided hike to Rainbow Mountain on this full-day trip from Cusco. Marvel at the natural, multicolored beauty of this jewel of the Peruvian Andes. Savor a buffet lunch after.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk at the foot of the Ausangate mountain range.
- Enjoy a trek to the top famous Rainbow Mountain
- Discover the small districts of Fulawasipata and Cusipata
- Enjoy a local buffet lunch
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Cusco between 3:00 AM and 3:30 AM. Travel for approximately 1.5 hours to Qollasuyo. Pass through the district of Cusipata with a stop for a 30-minute breakfast. From there, continue onwards with the journey for 1 hour until reaching Fulawasipata. Here, take a pause for a quick brief on how the journey will be carried out. Begin the walk at the foot of the Ausangate mountain range. This will be followed by an ascent of approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to the highest point of the Rainbow Mountain. During this journey, you will have the opportunity to see the different types of South American camelids, a relative of the camel. Upon reaching the red hill, take in the beautiful scenery. Finally, continue the journey with a 1-hour descent into the flat terrain and back to the starting point of the hike. Return to Cusipata to enjoy a buffet lunch. Following lunch, return to Cusco, arriving at approximately 4:30 PM at Plaza Regocijo/Kusipata, centrally located and close to all hotels.
IncludesPickup from your hotel in Cusco Drop-off in Regocijo Square Private Transportation Professional English and Spanish-speaking guide Simple breakfast Buffet Lunch Entrance to the park First aid kit Oxygen mask Blanket
- It is recommended to stay in Cusco for 2 days before the expedition in order to acclimatize to the altitude
- The hike is approximately 3 hours in total and if you are not well acclimatized you may experience altitude sickness during the journey
- It is recommended that you bring: A hat to protect from sun or rain, sunglasses, protective sunscreen lotion, waterproof jacket or rain poncho, bottled water, a small backpack, and trekking shoes