My Guide Website?
Lima: The Shanty Town Tour (Local Life Experience)39 Reviews
Explore the real Lima and meet friendly locals. This eye-opening tour experience challenges common preconceptions about local communities. Best of all, Your visit contributes to the community!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the real Lima and live, laugh and learn with the locals
- Explore a real Peruvian local community and visit the friendly families and children
- Enjoy a walking tour of a shanty town in Lima
- Admire the impressive panoramic views
DescriptionOn this walking tour, you will get the opportunity to see how many of the locals in Lima really live, and share a great time with them. Take a walk up the famous 'yellow stairs' and along narrow roads, and visit a local kindergarten. The town's huge dimensions and breathtaking views are impressive for any visitor. Upon arrival, you will be briefed on safety and the main customs of the community. While you slowly make your way to the base of the hill, your guide will explain about the community and its developments, as well as about the urbanization projects, politics, religion, etc. Gradually, slowly start your journey up the ‘yellow stairs’, pause for pictures of the amazing views of greater Lima, and get a glimpse into homes and local life. Stopping along the way to visit the colorful neighborhood and families and see first-hand the smiling children of Lima. On your way down visit a local kindergarten and have the chance to meet the children on the street.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop off Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle Tour guide Bottle of water All Fees and Taxes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult You will visit a shanty town that Haku Tours sponsors. Please contact the tour operator if you wish to make donations of any kind. Please visit our “projects” page to see the work of Haku Tours and what our wonderful clients are doing to help the local people.