Coronavirus: 10 things to do in quarantine so you don't get bored
How long will the quarantine last in Peru?
The Jornada de Sana Distancia lasts a month: it began on March 23 and ends on April 19; the Ministry of Health warned that the coronavirus pandemic could last up to 12 weeks, that is, three months.
The quarantine of a person infected by coronavirus lasts at least 14 days. If you have symptoms of respiratory disease, you must stay home in isolation for two weeks.
Things to do in quarantine so you don't get bored
To cope with quarantine, a period of social isolation, we share with you a list of things you can do at home so you don't get bored.
The first thing you should consider is your lifestyle: do you live alone or with your family? Are there children, teenagers or older adults in the house? Do you have pets?
- If you work in a home office or at home, we recommend that you establish schedules to maintain routines and productivity.
- Although you can't go to the gym or go for a run, quarantine can be an ideal time for physical activity. If exercise was in your routine, don't stop. There are thousands of videos on YouTube from beginners to advanced exercisers. If you don't have sports equipment or supplies at home, such as weights, dumbbells or elastic bands, you can improvise with bottles full of water, etc.
- Read a book. You can choose a book that you have on your nightstand or browse through online stores or online bookstores.
- Organize meetings via social networks, chat with friends, as if you were going out for a coffee, but each one at home. Take advantage of tools such as video calls from Whatsapp or Facebook or Google Hangouts for these "virtual parties".
- Many do not know or do not want to know about chores at home, but this is the opportunity to organize papers, documents, rubble, throwing things you do not use. You can use it to clean out your closet.
- It's even time to remodel, paint your house, rearrange spaces.
- Use your creativity to do all those things that you can't do because you don't have time, such as cooking, baking, painting ceramics, learning to draw with watercolor. Another option is to play board games or put together a puzzle.
- Play with your pets if you have them, especially if they hardly see you.
- Digital content platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, offer you a large number of series, films, soap operas, programs, reality shows. It's time for a series marathon.
- Take a course or even a diploma online.
Another thing we recommend you do in this quarantine is to inform yourself responsibly. Don't believe everything you read on social media and what they share with you through Whatsapp.