Huaraz: 3-hour Trek to Laguna 69 with Optional Lunch
Enjoy a 3-hour trek to one of the most beautiful lakes in Peru, the Laguna 69. Admire the blue water and the stunning mountain scenery of the Cordillera Blanca.
- Visit the Llangancuco lake in the Cordillera Blanca region
- Make your way past local villages and get a glimpse of mountain life
- Take a 3-hour trek to the 69 Lake and admire the mountain scenery
DescriptionYour day will start at 5:00 AM, when your group departs Huaraz to head north. A small stop will be made at 7:00 AM to buy breakfast and snacks for the road at Yungay. Around 9:00 AM, you will approach the Cordillera Blanca and enter Huascarán National Park via Quebrada de Llanganuco. Here, you will make a quick photo stop at the lakes of Chinancocha and Orconcocha. You will arrive in Cebollapampa and start the 8 km hike to Laguna 69, located at 4620 meters above sea level. The famous Laguna 69 is one of 400 lagoons in the Huascarán National Park. It is known for being a glacial lagoon with intensely blue waters, framed by a snowy mountain range, from where waterfalls flow down to the base of the lagoon. You’ll stay at the lake for about 30 minutes, and use your time to take photos and enjoy the view, as well as to rest. If you choose the private option, you will eat your packed lunch next to the lake. Around 2:00 PM, start your descent back to Cebollapampa, and then return to Huaraz.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from Huaraz Bilingual Spanish and English-Speaking guide Entrance to Huascarán National Park Lunchbox by the lake (if private option selected) Lunchbox by the lake (unless private option selected)
- Please note this tour involves hiking in high altitude and some people might feel ill. It is recommended to acclimatize before the tour
- This tour is not recommended for people without a good physical condition
- In order to maximize the time spent at the lake, the standard tour does not include a lunch stop
- People who choose the private option will have a lunchbox included to eat by the lake
- People who choose the group option, it is recommended to bring your own food
- For both options, you can also purchase some snacks when the tours stop to buy breakfast
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY