My Guide Website?
Lima-Miraflores: Bean to bar chocolate workshop
Learn how to make your own chocolate, starting from the cacao tree to the molding and everything in-between. Make your own organic chocolates and take another beautiful memory from Peru!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Arequipa: Colca Canyon 2-Day Tour
- Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Day Trip and Red Valley (Optional)
- From Puno: 2-Day Colca Canyon Tour to Arequipa
- Lima: Ballestas & Huacachina Day Trip w/ Nazca Lines Flight
- From Cusco: Machu Picchu 2-day Budget Tour by Car
- Leave the class with your own handmade organic chocolates tailored to your taste
- Satisfy your curiosity about cacao and its transformation into chocolate
- Take home a very original souvenir of Perú
- Try drinks like the Maya and the conquistadores
DescriptionLearn how to make your very own chocolate during this interactive tour of the chocolate workshop and museum. Learn of the chocolate making process from bean to bar and everything in-between. Understand the history behind the famous cacao beans, and why Perú makes some of the finest chocolate around the world. Learn how to make chocolate from the professional guides, and then enjoy making your own in no time! When you make your chocolate, you will learn of the 4 processes involved which includes: roasting the cacao beans, removing cacao husk, grinding the cacao nibs on a metate with a mano (the same way the Aztecs did), and refining the cacao paste in a melangeur. You will create delicious hot chocolates and your own chocolate bar, with your choice of ingredients. You can take home all of your handmade chocolates unless, of course, you have already eaten them!
IncludesAll the materials to make your own chocolate are included You will be leaving with 100-150g of chocolate
- Your chocolates will be ready for pick up 45 minutes after the end of the workshop.