My Guide Website?
Cusco: Private Full-Day Tour of Machu Picchu with a Local7 Reviews
Join this private Cusco tour to perform a major lifehack on your Peru travel plans by fitting a scenic train ride, a soak in hot springs, and a guided tour of Machu Picchu all into one day.
- Explore the most famed archaeological site in the Andes: Machu Picchu!
- Skip the multi-day hike and hop aboard a scenic train ride to the town of Aguas
- Find out why these Inca ruins are still studied and visited by historians, starg
- Take your sweet time wandering the UNESCO site at your own pace
- Carbon neutral tour, operated by travel B Corp accredited company
DescriptionJoin this private full-day adventure to unearth the mysteries of majestic Machu Picchu without having to hike the trail. Start the day by rising early and enjoying a scenic train tide to the Peruvian town of Aguas Calientes. Transfer to a bus for a brief journey to the much-visited archaeological site of Machu Picchu. There’s a reason why this awesome complex is celebrated, loved, and mused over by historians, travellers, stargazers, and mystics – it is simply one of the most astounding places on Earth! Built at the height of the Inca Empire, it is widely believed that this place was built to serve as an estate for the Inca emperor Pachacutec. Learn about the historical background of this impressive site from your guide while you spend the morning walking around the ruins. After the tour you will have free time to explore the complex at your own pace. Why not walk to the Sun Gate for sweeping views of the area below or wander the stone path of Inca Bridge? Don’t forget to capture the beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, as there are loads of photo-worthy moments waiting around every corner! By 16:00, it’s time to make the return journey back to the bright lights of Cusco. Hop on the train and ride back to the city, away from the magnetic heritage of mighty Machu Picchu – a mesmerizing place that will leave an imprint on your soul. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: You will need to provide your passport details (full name, nationality, and passport number) in order to secure your train ticket and Machu Picchu entrance for this tour. Please provide your passport details in the additional requests box when booking. If you do not provide these details, we reserve the right to reject your booking. Please bring your passport and immigration card with you, as you will need to show these to the guide before starting the tour. Note that cancellations made 7 days prior to travel attract a 60% cancellation fee. Train and entrance tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable; therefore, once Urban Adventures has confirmed your tickets, we are unable to change the name or date on the ticket, nor can we ask for a refund. As such, cancellations made 5 days or less prior to your booked tour date will attract a 100% cancellation fee. These cancellation terms override our normal Terms and Conditions.
IncludesService of an English-speaking local guide Train and bus tickets Machu Picchu entrance fee Transfers to/from train station in Cusco
- It is strongly advised to to bring sunscreen and wear a hat. Important: Your passport details are needed for the Machu Picchu Full-Day Tour (Full name, nationality and passport ID number). Please enter your passport details in the additional request box, otherwise the tour is not confirmed.You must show your passport and immigration card to the guide before you start the tour. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. Please note: At 19:00 the day before the tour, your guide will provide a briefing session in the comfort of your own hotel lobby (please provide hotel details as soon as possible).