My Guide Website?
Cusco: Traditional Cooking Class at Marcelo Batata
Partake in a small cooking class at Marcelo Batata to discover Peru's rich flavors and culinary culture.
- Participate in a cooking class full of history and rich flavor
- Create an array of typical Peruvian specialties such as ceviche, Lomo Saltado, Aji de Gallina, and Pisco Sour cocktails
- Finish the class with eating your own preparation in a cosy atmosphere and good company
DescriptionThe culinary experience in Marcelo Batata shares precisely this with its guests, offering a true participative, entertaining and personalized immersion in Peruvian cuisine in a professional environment designed exclusively for cooking classes. The afternoon starts with a tasting of different varieties of Pisco to wet the appetite and continues with an introduction to the local culinary culture where the chef shares knowledge of history, biodiversity, and geography. Continue with the participatory preparation of ´alpaca Lomo Saltado´ or ´Ceviche´. The chefs will also prepare Neo-Andean, Creole, and contemporary dishes to taste during the afternoon. At the end of the class, each participant enjoys the delicious lunch prepared by themselves. All in all, a delightful culinary experience and an opportunity to learn more about Peru through gastronomy.
IncludesMaterials and ingredients. Professional Chef. Tasting and cooking class.
- This activity does not include tranfers to the restaurant.
- Inform the local partner in advance if you have any dietary restrictions
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other