My Guide Website?
From Cusco: 2-Day 1-Night Humantay Lake Trek & Machu Picchu4 Reviews
Get to know the beauty of Humantay Lake before heading to the town of Aguas Calientes by train. Visit Machu Picchu on a 2-day experience combining Humantay and Machu Picchu.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Peru:If youʻre booking your trip to Peru last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike through the Andes Mountains to Humantay Lake
- Experience the magic of the Humantay Lagoon and Machu Picchu, often called The Lost City of the Incas
- Take a scenic train and bus ride to Machu Picchu, and then meet the locals on your journey to the mysterious wonder
- Experience the changing climates of the stunning landscapes
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel between 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM. Then, travel approximately 2-hours to Mollepata village, located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River. After breakfast in Mollepata, continue your journey towards Soraypampa, where you will begin your trek to Humantay Lake. After walking for 1.5-hours, see the wonderful Humantay Lake, considered as a sacred mountain in Incan mythology. For this part of your trek, you can rent a horse to get to the lake. After, return to Mollepata where you will have lunch. Once you have finished lunch, travel back to Poroy. On arrival, your private transportation will be waiting for you to continue to Ollantaytambo, where you will board a train to Aguas Calientes. After the 2-hour train journey, you will stay overnight in a selected hotel. The second day is the most important day, as you will be visiting Machu Picchu. Wake up early to enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then travel to the bus station to try and catch one of the first buses, which begin at 5:30 AM. As soon as you arrive at the complex, your guide will take you to the best spot to overlook the ruins and get a panoramic view of the landscape. There will be a rendezvous to observe the sunrise in order to get a spectacular view of the Lost City of the Incas. Then enjoy a 2-hour guided tour around Machu Picchu, with plenty of free time afterwards to explore on your own. If you have tickets to climb the amazing mountain of Huayna Picchu, your guide will direct you to where this hike begins. Once you are done with exploring all that Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes for lunch. Then, take an afternoon train back to Ollantaytambo and from there the bus to Cusco, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesPickup from your hotel in Cusco English/Spanish-speaking guides Transportation with a polar blanket Humantay Lake tour with a hiking stick Breakfast and lunch on day 1 Private transportation to Ollantaytambo Round-trip expedition train from Ollantaytambo Hotel accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes with breakfast Round-trip bus transportation to Machu Picchu Entry ticket to Machu Picchu 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu Bus transportation back to your hotel in Cusco
- It is recommended that you bring a raincoat and sunblock
- A backpack is necessary for this activity
- You will need to be in possession of a valid passport
- If you want to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, please make sure you arrange your ticket at least a month in advance, as tickets do sell out. Tickets are 25 USD per person
- Provide the full name, passport number, age and nationality of each guest