From Cusco: 2-Day 1-Night Humantay Lake Trek & Machu Picchu1 Reviews
This 2-day tour is highly recommended for couples or families, especially for those who love beautiful landscapes and mountains. If you are short on time in Peru, don’t miss this opportunity to visit Humantay Lake and Machu Picchu.
- Hike through the Andes Mountains to Humantay Lake
- Experience the magic of the Humantay Lagoon and Machu Picchu, often called The Lost City of the Incas
- Take a scenic train and bus ride to Machu Picchu, and then meet the locals on your journey to the mysterious wonder
- Experience the changing climates of the stunning landscapes
DescriptionYou will be picked up from your hotel between 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM. Then, travel approximately 2-hours to Mollepata village, located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River. After breakfast in Mollepata, continue your journey towards Soraypampa, where you will begin your trek to Humantay Lake. After walking for 1.5-hours, see the wonderful Humantay Lake, considered as a sacred mountain in Incan mythology. For this part of your trek, you can rent a horse to get to the lake. After, return to Mollepata where you will have lunch. Once you have finished lunch, travel back to Poroy. On arrival, your private transportation will be waiting for you to continue to Ollantaytambo, where you will board a train to Aguas Calientes. After the 2-hour train journey, you will stay overnight in a selected hotel. The second day is the most important day, as you will be visiting Machu Picchu. Wake up early to enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then travel to the bus station to try and catch one of the first buses, which begin at 5:30 AM. As soon as you arrive at the complex, your guide will take you to the best spot to overlook the ruins and get a panoramic view of the landscape. There will be a rendezvous to observe the sunrise in order to get a spectacular view of the Lost City of the Incas. Then enjoy a 2-hour guided tour around Machu Picchu, with plenty of free time afterwards to explore on your own. If you have tickets to climb the amazing mountain of Huayna Picchu, your guide will direct you to where this hike begins. Once you are done with exploring all that Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes for lunch. Then, take an afternoon train back to Ollantaytambo and from there the bus to Cusco, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesPick-up from your hotel in Cusco Tour guide for Humantay Humantay Lake tour with hiking poles and polar blankets Breakfast in Mollepata Lunch in Mollepata First aid kit including communication radios Private transportation to Ollantaytambo Expedition train round-trip from Ollantaytambo Hotel accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes with breakfast Bus transport to Machu Picchu Entrance fee to Machu Picchu 2-hour guided tour in Machu Picchu Free time in Machu Picchu Return bus to Aguas Calientes Bus transportation back to your hotel in Cusco Food and drinks, unless mentioned in the inclusions Recommended gratuities
- It is recommended that you bring a raincoat and sunblock
- A backpack is necessary for this activity
- You will need to be in possession of a valid passport
- If you want to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, please make sure you arrange your ticket at least a month in advance, as tickets do sell out. Tickets are 25 USD per person
- Provide the full name, passport number, age and nationality of each guest
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now