From Cusco: Rainbow Mountain Early Access Full-Day Tour3 Reviews
Enjoy early access and a 3-hour hike to Rainbow Mountain. Found in the Peruvian Andes, Rainbow Mountain is famed for its natural, multi-coloured beauty.
- Walk at the foot of the Ausangate mountain range.
- Enjoy a trek to the top famous Rainbow Mountain
- Discover the small districts of Fulawasipata and Cusipata
- Enjoy a local buffet lunch
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Cusco between 3:00 AM and 3:30 AM. Travel approximately 1.5 hours to Qollasuyo. Pass through the district of Cusipata with a stop for a 30-minute breakfast. From there, continue onwards with the journey for 1 hour until reaching Fulawasipata. Here, take a pause for a quick brief on how the journey will be carried out. Begin the walk at the foot of the Ausangate mountain range. This will be followed by an ascent of approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes to the highest point of the Rainbow Mountain. During this journey, you will have the opportunity to see the different types of South American camelids, a relative of the camel. Upon reaching the red hill, take in the beautiful scenery. Finally, continue the journey with a 1-hour descent into the flat terrain and back to the starting point of the hike. Return to Cusipata to enjoy a buffet lunch. Following lunch, return to Cusco, arriving at approximately 3:00 PM at Plaza Regocijo/Kusipata, centrally located and close to all hotels.
IncludesPickup from your hotel in Cusco Drop-off in Regocijo square Van transportation during the tour Professional English and Spanish-speaking guide Simple breakfast Buffet Lunch Entrance to the park First aid kit Oxygen mask Blanket Travel insurance Mineral water Snacks Saddle horse, available at an additional cost Rain poncho Walking stick
- It is recommended to stay in Cusco for 2 days before the expedition in order to acclimatize to the altitude
- The hike is approximately 3 hours in total and if you are not well acclimatized you may experience altitude sickness during the journey
- It is recommended that you bring: A hat to protect from sun or rain, sunglasses, protective sunscreen lotion, waterproof jacket or rain poncho, bottled water, a small backpack, and trekking shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY