From Lima: 2-Day Tour to Paracas, Huacachina, and Tunnels
Take a 2-day trip from Lima and explore the slave tunnels of Hacienda San Jose, followed by an overnight stay in the beach town of Paracas. Also discover the Ballestas Islands, Paracas Natural Reserve, and the sand dunes of Huacahina oasis.
- Visit the secret tunnels in Chincha that were used to smuggle slaves
- Take a speedboat out to the Ballestas Islands to see hundreds of penguins and sea lions in the wild
- Dune buggy up and sandboard down the dunes at South America's only desert oasis
DescriptionDay 1: Lima - Chincha - Paracas Start with early pickup from your hotel in Lima or meeting point. Travel to the secret Slave Tunnels at the Hacienda San Jose in Chincha. Explore the underground tunnels and learn about the history of this ex-sugar plantation in a 1-hour tour. Then, travel to Paracas on a 4-hour journey and upon arrival, explore the small beach town which is a popular vacation destination for Peruvians. Free time to walk by the ocean, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant, or simply relax in your accommodation before turning in for the night. Day 2: Paracas - Ballestas Islands - Huacachina - Lima Leave your hotel and embark on a 2-hour boat tour to the Ballestas Islands. These islands are known to be a smaller version of the Galápagos, and you will have the chance to see sea lions, penguins, birds, and even dolphins up close in their natural habitats. After the boat tour, go on a 2-hour tour of the Paracas National Reserve which is one of South America's largest protected desert regions and home to more than 400 species of flora and fauna. Discover a stunning landscape where the vast desert meets the Pacific Ocean. After that, it's time to head to Huacachina, the only desert oasis in South America. Experience 2 hours of exhilarating dune buggying and sandboarding across some of the highest sand dunes. You will later travel by bus back to Lima, and get dropped off at your hotel or the original meeting point.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro (if option selected) Transportation Accommodation for 1 night in shared 6-bed dorm with private bathroom at Paracas Taxes Services of a bilingual guide Dune buggy and sandboarding experience Ballestas Islands tour Paracas National Reserve tour Food and drinks Pickup in private accommodations
- This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice due to weather issues, strikes and/or demonstrations.
- Pickup is available from hotels/hostels located in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro
- Customers staying outside these locations or at private accommodations (such as AirBnB) should select the meeting point option
- Rooms are shared 6-bed dorms, with a private bathroom
- Children under 8 years old will need their parents or guardians to sign a full responsibility form in order for them to ride the buggy
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY