My Guide Website?
Uros and Taquile Island Boat Trip from Puno1 Reviews
Reconnect with a less complex way of life on a boat trip across Lake Titicaca to Taquile island. See the amazing floating islands of Uros, made from the local reeds.
- Visit the islands of Uros and Taquile on Lake Titicaca
- Learn more about the local way of life
- Shop at a local handicraft market
DescriptionBenefit from early morning pickup at your hotel in Puno, and then travel down to the port to board a comfortable motor boat to explore the unique islands of Lake Titicaca. Benefit from the local knowledge of an English and Spanish-speaking guide who will take you on an adventure around the manmade islands of Uros, built from the local reeds. Arrive at Taquile at around Midday, and then walk uphill to appreciate the beauty of Lake Titicaca from the main plaza. Break for lunch and learn more about the inhabitants of the island, declared a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2005. Explore the handicraft market to see the famous textiles made by the locals and visit some of the museums. Return to Puno by boat in the late afternoon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Entrances fees to Uros and Taquile Island English and Spanish-speaking guide Motor boat ride Lunch in Taquile
- You should be reasonably fit to take part, especially to visit Taquile where you will need to climb for a period of 25 to 30 minutes, with stops, and go down 450 steps
- Bring a light day pack to carry all your essentials
- Bring a water bottle. Please keep plastic bottles on the boat. Do not leave them on the islands
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, disinfectant gel and toilet paper
- Bring a fully charged camera, cellphones or electronic devices
- Bring money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. in Peruvian soles
- Pack some snacks, like chocolate bars and fruits
- Bring 2 sets of clothes for the climate as the temperature in the morning is cold, becomes hot later in the day, and can be cold and windy in the afternoon